Sunday 27 December 2009

Villa are no mug side but they are due a hiding and we are due to give one!

Aston Villa are flying higher than David Hasselhoff after a night on the piss and coming third in a German sausage competition but I think they could be due a huge comedown soon. In fact it could be sooner than they think.

I'm laying it all down on the line here and going all out. I fancy Arsenal to win today and I fancy Arsenal to win bad. There comes a time when a team destroys a rival and I honestly feel that Arsenal could do that to Villa.

Of course I'm not underestimating Aston Villa. They are a very good side who sit high in the league table; deservedly so too. They come to the Emirates full of confidence and rightly so. After all, they have beaten Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool this campaign and will feel that they can complete the 'Grand Slam' by beating us.

After the way the weekend's results have gone for us so far its vital we win today. It would heap pressure on Manchester United and Chelsea. Those two clubs are looking vulnerable at the moment and it's important that we make them feel even more worried about us.

I can feel it in my water. I feel a big win for Arsenal today. As I say, I mean no disrespect to Villa but I just have that feeling in my stomach that Arsenal will be right up for this one and if it all clicks then Villa are in for a very tough afternoon.

Keep it Goonerish..............

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wrighty you are putting ya neck on the line with this one.....but I'm prepared to back ya all the way a good win for the gooners 2-0!!!

Anonymous said...

I think we will concede against Villa but think we will win 2-1 with Walcott coming on as a super sub to notch the winning goal ! Mr Capello best be watching !

Anonymous said...

I'll be more than satified with any win but win we must otherwise AW will have the doubters around hisn neck.

Unknown said...

wow.. wrighty.. been feeling the same all morning. For the past few seasons I have not been confident playing against a close rival but for some strange reason I just have a feeling we might do one over the villians.

Anonymous said...

I'm not feeling as confident as you Wrighty. Like you said Villa have beaten Liverpool and Man Utd away and Chelsea at home. Not easy. They come to the Emirates in rich form winning 6 games and drawing 2 since their last league defeat in November. In that same period Arsenal have won 3 league games, lost 3 and drawn 1. Yet we still are ahead of them in the Premier League and with a game in hand can increase that narrow lead. A big performance is needed today from the Gunners and I think the key to that will be if the skipper plays. Cesc has been instrumental once again this season and just makes Arsenal click. If he does play today I reckon we'll win, but if he doesn't I'm not so sure. A solid defensive display will be needed with the likes of Carew, Agbonlahor, Young and especially James Milner all likely to cause problems. My prediction is a 2-1 for the Gunners. COME ON YOU REDSSS!!!

nessa said...

I actually had a dream that we won 4-1...ok maybe it wont b by that big of a margin but i too have a feeling we will win today..hopefully the man arshavin will step up
come on you gooners

Anonymous said...

The same line up should win this game. Even without Fabregas, I feel we are harder to beat, as our midfield is physically stronger.

My team to beat Villa today:
Almunia(?).

Sagna- Gallas- Vermaelen- Sylvestre.

Eboue- Song- Denilson.

Wilcott- Eduardo- Arshavin.

4-3-3.

3-1, Arsenal.

Anonymous said...

we can only hope...

Anonymous said...

shit like this can backfire..its startin to look like last years game.

Unknown said...

SPOT ON WRIGHTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

tojo said...

brilliant prediction....thou art a nostradamus (hope the spelling is right)...

Anonymous said...

Outstanding call....

Juan Carlos said...

SPOT ON M8!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jesus my god! That is what I call mystic! Scorpio instincts ;)

Sam said...

I wonder where are those Anonymous Villa fans who suggested Cesc wont get into the Villa midfield.

I wonder who was underestimating.

Take that...

lp said...

3-0....Fab is a legend...