Monday 22 September 2008

Djourou will be Gallas' replacement......

Johan Djourou has signed a new long-term contract at Arsenal and I believe that this is fantastic news for us.

I really rate Djourou and believe that he can go on and establish himself as an Arsenal regular in the future.

I can see him and Toure forming a formidable partnership in the heart of Arsenal's defence. I believe this partnership will flourish into one of the best.

Djourou has it all and I honestly think he can develop into one of the best defenders in the world. The ability is there, he just needs to believe it, gain confidence and work hard.

I still see Gallas as one of the best defenders in the world (a lot of Gooners may not agree with me there!) and I think that he can pass on advice to Johan.

I imagine that Gallas may probably only be at Arsenal for another year or two. I cant see him finishing his career at the club, so this will be perfect timing for Djourou to step into the side.

What do you think?

Keep it Goonerish......

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see Toure and Gallas being sold within the next four years and Nordtveit/G. Hoyte - Djoueou playing centrally for us.

I love Toure but when he loses his pace he will not be anywhere near as good.

At the moment, Djourou - Gallas is the way to go.

Anonymous said...

Djourou is superb and I remember you writing a post about him leaving on loan.

You wrote that Senderos should be loaned out and not Djourou.

I agreed with you and I also believe he can go on to be a top centre half.

Keep up the great articles Wrighty.

Anonymous said...

i stil think senderos is better

Anonymous said...

Djourou hasnt been given as many chances as senderos. Yet in my opinion djourou has looked much more solid when he played. Senderos had some good games but he was always liable to make a really bad error

Wrighty7 said...

I think that Senderos is much better suited to the Italian game. He will thrive over there.

Djourou can cope with the English game better than Senderos.

I really hope that Senderos will prove me wrong but I'm sorry I just cant see it.

Anonymous said...

Djourou signing a new deal is great news for Arsenal.

I think when he has played this season he has been one of the best players on the park.

Anonymous said...

eboues grown as a player and as a lump in his pants

Anonymous said...

Johan Djourou to lead arsenal tomorrow against shefield

Anonymous said...

Bring back Tony Adams

leon said...

every time dijouro looks very solid but with toure,silvestor and gallas i feel wenger gradually bring him in, but there is no dought he will play alot more often next season and gallas wont be playinfg mush longer no more than 2 seasons

Anonymous said...

Jd is great and should be in the team now. How much longer can he be "one for the future"?

He who said that Toure and Gallas will be solid within the next 4years must not have watched them play in the last year.

IMO when the day comes that Wenger decides to drop Gallas is the day that he will force his way out of the club. Didn't he only get the armband off AW to keep him happy. Thats what i hear and when Gallas finally goes is when Djourou steps up.

Anonymous said...

I personally believe Djourou is a potentially a very good CB, far to early to tell if one of the best in the world.
Gallas, for me, is a very important player for Arsenal, I have said it in the past and have no problem reiterating the fact that he scores crucial goals for Arsenal. This appears to lift the team, refer to the goal against Bolton last season. Credit where credit is due.
This will be Gallas last season with Arsenal. I suspect he got the arband because Wenger knows that anyone on the fringe for the CB position is not ready yet and he needs to keep Gallas for one more season. I believe Fabregas will be captain next year. Djourou will probably partner Toure then.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree Wrighty. It's obvious Wenger sees Djourou as Gallas long term successor and we'll be better for it. No need for a Kompany when Djourou is almost identical.