Monday 31 December 2007

Almunia for England?

So Manuel Almunia for England? Not for me. It's been said in recent weeks, there is a possibility of Almunia playing for England to solve the England goalkeeper crisis. I think that this is wrong. He's SPANISH not English and should only represent Spain. I do however think it's alright to have a foreign manager. The manager should be the best man for the job, regardless of nationality. We, after all want England to do well and we now have a good manager. Although in truth, it's more than just having a good manager, it go's deeper than that. Back to grass roots level.
We can't start having players from other countries playing for our own. After all, u look at the Irish and Scotland squads over the years and they have players playing for them who have a dog related to a Scottish cat or an Irish tree monkey meaning they can play for that country!! It's laughable. How can u say for years how you're an English man and but find out u have a great-great-great-great uncle who was a quarter Welsh and then declare you're love for the Welsh Dragon?!
Almunia should wait for a chance to play for Spain. If it doesn't happen, it's unfortunate. I hope England don't go down this road. I think other countries shouldn't do it either. We have a great player in Eduardo who's done it, bit I still don't agree with it.
England should have an English team. And before anyone gives it about Arsenal having hardly any English players and I should shut up, that's not what this is about. For me, its Arsenal first and England second. But that does not mean I want England to fail or go down this road to make us better.
Anyway, I'm not English, I'm Goonerish!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I dont think Almunia should wear the Arsenal shirt, let alone the England one!!!

Anonymous said...

The day England have a foreign player plying for them is the day I give up on football. I just about stomached Owen Hagreaves!!!

Anonymous said...

Definatly agree with u Wrighty7! I've a Welsh nan but I'm still English and would only claim to be English. It shows how well Almunia is doing though to be even considered for it.

Anonymous said...

U got a problem with me changing nationality Wrighty7? I've always said I'm Welsh and proud. I'm a gypsy.

Anonymous said...

Vinny Jones has got the hump with u Wrighty7!

Wrighty7 said...

I'll take on Vinny Jones!!

Anonymous said...

I hate all u English gits!! Especially u Wrighty7!

Anonymous said...

,,I think Vinny Jones has an attitude problem!